Simple Berry Fruit Topping
Do you love cherry or berry toppings for your pancakes and waffles, but hate the store-bought ones laden with preservatives? I hear you, so do I.
So I thought “I could make my own fruit topping”. How hard could it be?
Not hard at all!
Here’s my Simple Berry Fruit Topping recipe:
Simple Berry Topping Recipe
1 cup frozen mixed fruit
½ cup unsweetened orange juice (can be substituted for apple juice for a sweeter topping)
¼ teaspoon dried ginger (Optional)
2 Tablespoons water
1 teaspoon corn starch
– In a saucepan, add mixed fruit, orange juice, dried ginger (optional), and pinch of salt and bring to a boil, cooking over medium-high heat
– Let simmer on medium-high heat for 7 minutes, stirring occasionally.
– Turn down heat to low setting.
– In a small bowl, combine 2 Tablespoons water and 1 teaspoon corn starch. Mix well.
– Add immediately to berry mixture in saucepan. Stir well
– Cook on low heat for 3-5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
– Turn off heat and let cool.
– Serve with your favorite pancakes or waffles and enjoy!