This Vegan spicy spinach dip is easy to make and can be a real crowd pleaser at get-togethers.
Serve hot or cold, with whole wheat crackers, on pasta or on its own.
Here’s my spicy spinach dip recipe.
Spicy Spinach Dip recipe
1 pack of frozen whole leaf spinach (450 grams)
½ cup water
¾ teaspoon Himalayan pink salt (fine)
2 teaspoons granulated onion powder
2 cloves garlic (peeled)
½ teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
2 pimento peppers (seeded)
2 Tablespoons olive oil
½ teaspoon dried basil
1 Tablespoon Nutritional Yeast Flakes (optional)
– In a saucepan, add frozen chopped spinach and ½ cup water and 2 cloves garlic (peeled)
– Bring to boil
– Once the mixture has begun to boil, add ¾ teaspoon Himalayan pink salt (fine), 2 teaspoons granulated onion powder, 2 pimento peppers (seeded), ½ teaspoon dried basil, and 1 Tablespoon Nutritional Yeast flakes
– Stir well and let cook for a further 5-7 minutes
– Turn off heat
– Pour spinach mixture into your food processor or blender
– Next, add 2 Tablespoons of olive oil to mixture and blend well
– Empty contents into serving bowl and garnish with crushed red pepper flakes.
– Serve and enjoy.