Here’s a healthier version for those wishing to get their crispy potato fix. It has much less salt than the deep fried version popular at fast food outlets.
The potatoes are parboiled, then roasted to give it that crispiness on the outside while remaining soft and tender on the inside.
Try my Crispy Golden Roasted Potato Rounds recipe:
2 Large potatoes, washed (leave skins on)
1 teaspoon dried Herbs De Provence
1/4 teaspoon sea salt
2 teaspoons onion powder
2 Tablespoons olive oil
Non-stick Cooking Spray
Water for boiling
– Pre-heat oven to 450 degrees Fahrenheit
– Pot a large pot of unsalted water on to boil
– Slice potatoes into rounds about 1/4 inch thick
– Place in boiling water, cover and let cook for no more than 5 minutes. After cooking, potatoes should be soft around the edges but firm in the middle
– Strain potatoes
– In a large mixing bowl, add potatoes, dried Herbs de Provence, onion powder and olive oil. Carefully toss together until potatoes are evenly coated and a starchy coating begins to appear on the faces
– Next, sprinkle salt over mixture and toss again to ensure even distribution
– On a large baking sheet, spray non-stick cooking spray
– Evenly spread potatoes, face side down, on baking sheet
– Roast at 450 degrees Fahrenheit for 25 minutes
– Carefully remove from oven. Potatoes should look like this:
– Carefully flip each potato round over
– Put back in oven and continue baking for 30 minutes.
– Potatoes should now appear golden brown in color
– Carefully remove from oven and place in serving dish/tray.
– Serve and enjoy!
One thought on “Crispy Golden Roasted Potato Rounds”