This salad is jam packed with nutrients such as Vitamins A, C, B6 and Folate. These nutrients are responsible for promoting healthy eyesight, immune function, and skin health.
You can also get a healthy dose of dietary fiber from this great tasting salad.
Here’s my Spinach Beet and Pomegranate Citrus Salad recipe
4 cups spinach (washed, drained)
3 Tablespoons fresh Pomegranate seeds (click here for how to De-seed a Pomegranate)
1/2 cup freshly squeezed Grapefruit juice
1 teaspoon Agave syrup
1 small Beet
1 Tablespoon Sunflower seeds
– Place a pot of water on to boil
– Wash and peel beet
– Cut in half, lengthways. Take one half and cut into slices about a 1/4 inch thick. Repeat with the other half
– Place beet slices in a colander and place over pot of boiling water. Cover and steam beet slices for 10 minutes
– Set aside to cool
– In a small bowl, combine 1/2 cup freshly sqeezed grapefruit juice and 1 teaspoon Agave syrup. Mix well and set aside
– Wash and drain spinach
– Line a serving dish with washed and drained spinach.
– Drizzle 3 Tablespoons of citrus dressing on the layered spinach
– Next, spread beet slices on top of spinach layer
– Sprinkle 3 Tablespoons Pomegranate seeds and 1 Tablespoon sunflower seeds on top of spinach and beet
– Drizzle another Tablespoon of citrus dressing on the salad
– Serve and enjoy!
TIP: Remainder of Citrus dressing can be refrigerated or drizzled on top of individual salad portions.