Here’s an easy recipe for your next Meatless Monday. It’s soft and tender on the inside with a gentle crunch on the outside.
For this Meatless Mondays Split Pea Oat Vegetable burger recipe, you’ll need:
7 TBSPs dry quick oats
16 TBSPs or 1 cup of hot water just boiled
1 TBSP local celery, minced
1 ½ TBSPS chive, minced
2 TBSPs carrots or pumpkin, minced
1 TBSP olive oil
5 TBSPs ground split pea powder
3 TBSPs ground flax seed
1 teaspoon granulated onion powder (looks like tiny salt granules)
1 sprig of fresh thyme, de-leafed
Sea salt to taste
– In a large mixing bowl, stir together quick oats and just boiled water for 1 minute
– Next, add celery, chive, carrots or pumpkin, fresh thyme and olive oil. Mix well.
– Now add ground split pea powder, onion powder, ground flax seed and sea salt. Mix well.
– Spray a baking sheet with non-stick cooking spray
– Take a little more than a golf ball sized amount with hands and shape into a ball.
– Press gently, but firmly, to flatten into a patty a little more than 1/4 inch in thickness and place on baking sheet. Repeat until all of your batter is used up. Makes about 8 – 10 patties.
– Bake at 375 degrees Fahrenheit for 25 minutes.
– Carefully remove from oven after 25 minutes and flip each patty over. (Caution! Contents will be hot so handle with care)
– Put back in oven and continue to bake for 20 minutes or until golden brown.
– Carefully, remove from oven. Patties should like the photo below.
– Place on a serving plate, serve and enjoy!