Roasting vegetables brings out their natural sweetness and beautiful flavor. Add that to a fresh bed of lettuce or spinach and you have the best of both worlds. Here’s a great warm, roasted vegetable salad for your Meatless Mondays.
Warm Roasted Vegetable Salad
1 ½ cups chopped Broccoli
1 medium sized Eggplant/Melongene/Aubergine, chopped
1 Carrot**, chopped
1 Onion, chopped
7 cloves of Garlic, peeled
2 Pimento Peppers, sliced
1 Large Red Bell Pepper, chopped
2 Medium sized Tomatoes, chopped (Optional – I just love tomatoes, I’ll add it to almost anything)
1 TBSP chopped local celery (Optional)
1 teaspoon dried Herbs De Provence
2 teaspoons Granulated Onion powder (looks like tiny salt granules)
2 TBSP Olive Oil
Sea Salt to taste
Your choice of Lettuce or Spinach or both (washed and drained)
1. Pre-heat oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit
2. In a large bowl, combine chopped broccoli, eggplant, carrot, onion, garlic, pimento peppers, red bell pepper, tomatoes and local celery. Mix well.
3. Next, add dried Herbs De Provence, granulated onion powder and olive oil. Mix well.
4. Spray a baking sheet with non-stick cooking spray. If your pan has a tendency to burn the food you can line it with foil and then spray with non-stick cooking spray.
5. Empty seasoned vegetables onto baking sheet and spread evenly.
6. Roast at 425 degrees Fahrenheit for 25-35mins.
7. When finished roasting, carefully remove from oven and set aside.
8. On a serving plate add lettuce or spinach or a mixture of both. Top off with roasted vegetables.
Serve and enjoy.
**TIP: As the carrots are the hardest and take the longest in roasting, chop these smaller.